Pokemon black and white java game, Ess 1969 sound card driver, Game lnfs futsal jar, Manual de digital video camera jvc 32x, Glenn miller tuxedo junction mp3, Cara driver windows xp sp2, One piece episode 500 to 600, Yamaha qy70 owners manual, 1995 gmc sierra 1500 repair manual, Driver license renewal iowa city, The magic of thinking, Custom map warcraft 3, Films en van youtube

Norfolk Then . . .

One of the earliest photographs of Norfolk was taken in 1878 from the location of the present post office. It shows a barren village center. Visible in the background are familiar Norfolk landmarks: the Congregational Church and Whitehouse. Buildings such as the Royal Arcanum that now line Station Place had yet to be built, and […]

Norfolk Then . . .

This 1917 photograph is a timely reminder of the long struggle fought by many dedicated women for basic civil liberties, including the right to own property, hold public office, sit on juries, participate in public assemblies and vote. The group of 25 suffragists—20 women and five men—gathered on the porch following their meeting with Congressman […]

Norfolk Then . . .

The precursor to the Honor Roll Monument on the village green was this rustic log structure designed by architect Alfredo Taylor in 1946 to commemorate those who served in World War II. Four Norfolk men were killed following our country’s entrance into that war after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, 75 years ago. Three of […]

Norfolk Then . . .

Before centralization, the Norfolk district school system included eleven grammar schools, each managed by a local school committee. Schoolhouses were simple one-room structures with a wood stove providing heat. The North Middle School pictured here still stands at the corner of Ashpohtag and Bald Mountain Roads. The district schools served a varying number of children, […]

Norfolk Then . . .

Planning a road trip to take in the fall foliage? In the early 1900’s, renting a touring car from A. P. Curtiss may have been an attractive option. When automobiles appeared on the streets of Norfolk, Augustus P. Curtiss converted the stable housing his horse and carriage livery business to a garage stocked with cars […]

Norfolk Then . . .

In 1900, the Collar Brothers store stood west of the intersection of Greenwoods Road and Maple Avenue adjacent to the Norfolk Library. The old store had been built in 1843 and occupied by a series of merchants. The Collar Brothers advertised boots, shoes and groceries, as well as dry goods and notions (sewing accessories such […]

Norfolk Then

One of Marie Kendall’s most beloved photographs shows a group of Norfolk men working out at the Eldridge Gymnasium (now Town Hall) in 1896. Some have been identified, such as John DePeu, bearded pastor of the Church of Christ, balancing on the parallel bars. Perhaps these men were inspired by the first modern Olympic Games, […]

Norfolk Then . . .

With poplars and maple trees lining the sidewalk, Station Place presented a bucolic setting to the visitor arriving at the newly constructed railroad station (center) in the early 20th century. One could hardly guess that an impressive business boom was under way, heralded in the local paper as the biggest boom Norfolk had ever witnessed. […]

Norfolk Then . . .

This decorative railing near the corner of Greenwoods Road and Maple Avenue stands on what was once the northern edge of the railroad underpass, marked in the photograph by the wooden planks and now filled in. To the left is the Library with its brownstone walls and tile roof. Designed by architect Alfredo Taylor in […]

Norfolk Then . . .

Although there was no organized baseball for Norfolk youth until Little League arrived in 1952, town team baseball flourished during the first half of the 20th century. The first Norfolk town team dates back to the early 1900’s and was comprised of young adults who competed against teams from nearby towns. In 1938, the town team […]